More Time Pieces for Cello, Volume 1
See larger image
Others in the series:
|Category||Cello & Piano|
|Publisher||ABRSM Publishing Ltd|
|Series||Time Pieces for Cello|
|Syllabus info||Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music: Bowed Strings 2020 - 2023 (until Dec 2023) |
Cello - grade 1
Cello - grade 2
Cello - grade 3
|Difficulty level||1 - 3|
The Time Pieces for Cello series
"Time Pieces" are a series of publications for solo instrument and piano which contain a carefully graded selection of tuneful pieces. They are well-crafted arrangements which provide practice of the keys, note-ranges and fingering patterns encountered in the early grades.
They contain a wide range of material, from Tallis to Tchaikovsky and from Beethoven to Vaughan Williams.
Each volume presents the pieces in chronological order and prints the year in which they were written.
An invaluable source of repertoire to explore for further study. Pieces are in contrasting styles, from Dowland to Grainger and from Couperin to Joplin.
The arrangements cover the note ranges and keys of the early grades...
- Air (John Blow arr. Ian Denley)
- Air from the Peasant Cantata (JS Bach)
- Banaha (Trad. Congolese)
- Bella siccome un angelo from "Don Pasquale" (Donizetti)
- Berceuse from Dolly, Op. 56 (Fauré)
- Come again, sweet love doth now invite (John Dowland)
- Funiculi, funicula (Luigi Denza)
- Gavotte from "The Holberg Suite" (Grieg)
- Happy Places (Tim Wells)
- I wish I knew (how it would feel to be free) (Billy Taylor)
- Moderato from Trio Sonata No. 1 (Domenico Gallo)
- Poco adagio from String Quartet Op. 76 No. 3 (Joseph Haydn)
- Rococo Theme (from Op. 33) (Tchaikovsky arr. Clement Dodd)
- Sarabande l'unique (Francois Couperin)
- Sellinger's Round (William Byrd)
- Slavonic Dance Op. 46 No. 8 (Dvorák)
- Taivas on sininen ja valkoinen (Trad. Finnish)
- The Peanut Vendor (Moises Simons)
- The Pink Panther (Henry Mancini)
- Vltava, from Ma Vlast (Smetana arr. Ian Denley)