More Time Pieces for Cello, Volume 2
See larger image
Others in the series:
|Johann Sebastian Bach|
|Ludwig van Beethoven|
|Percy Aldridge Grainger|
|George Frideric Handel|
|Thomas Hewitt Jones|
|Category||Cello & Piano|
|Publisher||ABRSM Publishing Ltd|
|Series||Time Pieces for Cello|
|Syllabus info||Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music: Bowed Strings 2020 - 2023 (until Dec 2023) |
Cello - grade 4
Cello - grade 5
|Difficulty level||4 - 7|
The Time Pieces for Cello series
"Time Pieces" are a series of publications for solo instrument and piano which contain a carefully graded selection of tuneful pieces. They are well-crafted arrangements which provide practice of the keys, note-ranges and fingering patterns encountered in the early grades.
They contain a wide range of material, from Tallis to Tchaikovsky and from Beethoven to Vaughan Williams.
Each volume presents the pieces in chronological order and prints the year in which they were written.
An invaluable source of repertoire to explore for further study. Pieces are in contrasting styles, from Dowland to Grainger and from Couperin to Joplin.
The arrangements cover the note ranges and keys of the higher grades.
- Captain Cockchafer from The Fairy Ring
- Es ist vollbracht from St John Passion
- Come fill, fill, my good fellow
- Entr'acte from Carmen
- Theme from Caprice hongroise
- Prelude from Modern Suite Op. 122
- Shepherds Hey ( A Morris Dance Tune )
- Veslemoy's Song from Suite Mosaïque
- Scherza, infida from Ariodante
- Robots' March
- Easy Winners
- Music for a while from Oedipus
- Ständchen from Schwanengesang
- Pietà, Signore
- Londonderry Air
- Tom Bowling from Fantasia on British Sea Song